Monday, February 7, 2011

Fail.

Alright, not going to lie.

I only worked out like twice since my last post. Booo.

But I did cut down on eating junk and drinking soda ... until yesterday. Boo again.

But now it's time.

I need to get back into shape, I need to get serious about it.

A good friend of mine and my husband, Billy Rom, (who is a personal trainer) sent me this great advice article that he wrote and I just have to share it because it's great advice for any mommy trying to lose weight.

Tips for Mommy Dieters


1) Nutrition is the most important aspect of ANY diet! It doesn’t have to be hard though, cut the snacks and mindless eating with the kids. Sometimes people eat without even knowing it – they go on auto pilot. So here is a tip: Take a picture of everything you eat. For bigger meals include your hand in the picture to get a portion reference. Doing this, forces you to think about what you are eating; and see if the portion is responsible.


2) You have to make time for exercise. Too many people just think – oh I will exercise, but never have a definite when. Make your exercise something that isn’t negotiable, it is planned. How can you do this when the kids are there? Involve them! Plan a “play time” with mommy that involves movement and fun with the kids. Here is another tip: Use your kids as weights! A small child may way 15 lbs, in playing with a child, lift them, pick them up, sit down and stand up with them. You don’t need a gym to get stronger – the tools are all around you (and in this case grew inside you!).


3) Make smaller goals. You may have a target weight, waist measurement, and diet you plan to follow, but looking at the final picture often seems insurmountable. Take your final goals and then work back and think of the small steps that are needed to take these big steps. This will make them little successes that promote good feelings. Start with cutting things out of your diet one at a time. Don’t drink soda for 3 days – check off a goal. Eat vegetables everyday for a week – check off a goal. These small goals will add up to a big change when they are all checked off.


4) Reward yourself but not with food! Too many people get on a diet and decide “Hey – I am going to do great for a week so that I can have that Chocolate Cake on Friday.” Now; food is becoming a reward system, and it no longer is seen for what it is, the stuff that keeps you alive! Instead of rewarding you with edible gifts – reward yourself with new things. Lose 5 lbs – get a new shirt, Lose 10 lbs – get a new pair of jeans. These goals give you rewards that you can see and use every day. Mentally – rewards that are more readily seen promote more consistent effort – unlike that cake that was gone in 2 minutes.


5) Take pictures and measure – disregard the scale. Due to water retention and menstrual cycles, women have various times where their weight can fluctuate significantly. This can cause you to fall off a diet when you weigh yourself. Additionally, when exercising you may gain muscle (which actually helps you burn more fat!) and see no weight reduction. Meanwhile you may have lost equal amounts of fat and caused a big visual difference. This progress will show up in your measurements first, your pictures second, and your scale last. Use them in that order.


These are a few tiny steps to help you get on your way to your goals. With anything in life effort is needed – nothing comes easy, but it can be simple. Hopefully you can follow these simple steps and get big results.


Bill Rom
www.SuperiorAthletics.blogspot.com

So I think the way to really get me to work out is to show how I look now so I can follow up with pictures and show everyone that I can get back into shape. Also to share my weight [ugh]. Okay ::deep breath:: .... this is what I look like now . . .


ugh, not cute....I look 5 months pregnant. So there it is. Now I have to show everyone that I do not have to look like this, that I can be better. I can be healthy and happy with the way I look. 

I will follow up next week, after a full five days of working out. I will work out everyday. I will. I must. This is far too embarrassing.

In other news I have a bunch of recipes and other things to share but I have to get ready to bring brae to school [he's star of the week this week!] so I will post again tomorrow or later today!! Till then :)

Reactions:

1 comments:

Wow! Thank you for posting this!!! I need to lose weight but it is SO hard to find motivation... sadly I am much better at finding excuses than I am at keeping up a "lifestyle change". I'm blogging this on my blog @ modernmomredefined.blogspot.com hope you don't mind! Too good to not share!

Post a Comment