Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Been Awhile

Things have been a little crazy around here so I haven't really had to time, or urge to blog lately. I also haven't been working out. Boo. I worked out for about 7 days....and haven't since.

As I said in my last blog entry, Braeden has been going through some evaluations to see if he needs an IEP for some behavioral problems. They are finally all over, but not without tons of drama, of course. Little background information, we used to live in Huntington, so Braeden went to a Huntington Preschool. . . Well we moved to Commack ... and did not change his school or tell the district because it's a really great school for Braeden and we do not want him to leave it. Well, we needed to do some in home evaluations, so I had to give them our address, and of course one of the evaluators freaked out and started ranting about how I HAD to tell the district and bla bla bla. So I did, and I had to go immediately register him in Commack or the evaluations would be cancelled. Well now that he's registered in Commack, Huntington [of course] will not pay for him [he's in free preschool - paid for by the district] after February. Now if he gets an IEP he can still go to his preschool, no matter where he lives, since the majority of the school is for special needs children. BUT the district will not meet to discuss if he gets an IEP till the END of March and then even if he gets an IEP, the services do not start till APRIL. So we're kind of up in the air about what we're going to do for his school. The Commack's UPK is all filled up too . . . so the only real options are to pay for him to go to school [which is NOT cheap] or keep him home till the services start and basically do homeschooling. Both not good options. Braedens school has helped his behaviors SO much, he's literally like a different kid and I fear that if he is not in school [which he also LOVES to go to] that he will seriously regress. Drama Drama Drama. If only districts would think in what is best for the child and not what is "by the book". Hopefully it all works out and he can continue to go to school. I am really hoping he gets an IEP, I think it will help him so much, if the little things that the teacher has done helped him out so much, I can only imagine what getting actual services will do for him!

I've also been pretty consumed in school. Algebra is not my friend. Literally takes me two hours to do any of algebra work. I am just not good with numbers at all. The web design class is very cool though, right now it's just about html terms and stuff like that, but I think it's going to be a really good class for me.

Anyhow, that's why I have not been blogging, but things are starting to calm down and I am getting used to being in school again and hopefully I will be working out again. Honestly, just for working out for 7  days I did see a difference in my body. I just really need to commit to it. I've also decided to do this 30 day challenge blogger thingy, which will hopefully keep me blogging daily. So tomorrow I will be starting Day 1 :)

OOOh I also went back to blonde ... by myself! lol I used Clairol Born Blonde Maxi, it came okay, at first it was VERY orange in certain places, but it has seemed to cool down a bit, and it kind of a strawberry blonde now. I still have to buy another hair dye to put over it to tone it better, but I am giving my hair at least a week. Surprisingly, my hair is really shiny and soft too! I wouldn't recommend it though, I would much rather go to a salon and KNOW it's going to come out perfect. I did it because I knew that we wouldn't have the money for me to go to a salon anytime soon so I just did it, I figured if it looks horrible I could just dye it brown. Being as the Day 1 Challenge is a picture of yourself and 15 facts, I will take a picture of my new blonde hair tomorrow.

Well, since I finished my algebra this morning, I am going to go enjoy my OTH and Teen Mom 2! Till next time! :)

P.S. Who likes the new layout?? I needed something a little springy after all this horrible winter weather!

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment