Monday, January 31, 2011

Things need to change.


This was me a few months before I became pregnant with Braeden.


I was 19 . . . 109lbs.

I didn't diet, exercise or anything and I certainly was not anorexic [as I've heard many people say about me]. This was just me, naturally. So it's hard for me to come to terms with how I am now. I have to lose a lot of weight. I am embarrassed with how I look now.

Yes, I have had three [large] children in four years.

Braeden 9lbs 5oz 22 inches

Jack 8lbs 4oz 21 inches

Logan 8lbs 10oz 21 inches
and yes I am much older now and it's expected that my body will have changed, but last night I stepped onto my grandmothers scale and was shocked at what I saw. I weight as much as I did at the end of my pregnancy with Braeden. I am not saying what that is, but it's a big number.

This needs to change. I don't want to be embarrassed with how I look at the age of 24, that's crazy. I know that I am still young enough that I can loose this weight pretty fast. I just need to do it. I am no where near obese or anything, but I am big, for me.

I am setting up a goal for myself, and I really think that I can reach it. I want to get down to 120 by my birthday [April 28th]. I think that is a reasonable weight for myself. I am 5'6" and I believe I have read that anywhere between 118 and 130 is a healthy weight for my height. I would love to be as skinny as I was when I was 19, but I don't think a weight of 109 would be healthy for me at this stage in my life.

So with this goal I have around 12 weeks to get down to 120. I really think I can do it, if I dedicate myself. I am going to try and eat better too. I will cut out all soda, because I know that stuff is horrible for you and I will have to work on my portion control.

I know it's not going to be easy, but I look at shows like Heavy and you see these morbidly obese people and they can loose so much weight, it just shows that I can do it too. I will take pictures of my progression, from start to finish. I will not post these pictures till I see results though.

Day 1 of my goal. I will do an hour of Yoga today. I have this great Yoga video that I did while in North Carolina and I did it everyday for an hour and started to see results pretty fast .... and then I got pregnant with Logan lol. I will be doing some Jillian Michaels workouts too, which I also did in North Carolina. So wish me luck. It's time to feel comfortable in my body again. Till next time :)


Reactions:

7 comments:

You can do it!! I look forward to following your progress :D

Im a actually jealous of the way you look...you should be proud of the way you are after 3 kids. I have 2 and Im WAY bigger than you. But you can do this if you really want to.

-Mandy Smith

I think you look great! I started running 2 1/2 years ago, and found that is the best way for me to stay "lean and mean!" It is good for my body, but even better for my mind... Three boyz can sometimes put me over the edge... Take care of yourself, cause no one else will. It is a good feeling to have already run a 1/2 marathon, and am thinking about doing a full this year! Good luck to you!

Love,
Colleen

Good luck caytee!

just keep these things in mind--

muscle weighs more than fat

and obese people tend to drop their first 20-50lbs a lot faster because they DO have so much to loose. So dont get discouraged if you dont loose the first week or two.

I think you and I must have been posting the same topic at the same time. We can help keep eachother accountable. Especially since we have "known" eachother since pregnancy #1 and we have had all 3 of our boys at the same time!

Hey Caytee
I've been on a health kick for the last few months, but really cracked down on my eating over the past ten days. I'm down about 2.5kgs (I think around 5 pounds) since last Saturday. Here if you need a motivation buddy.
Tash

You totally got this!!!! Ive only had 1 and I dont look half as good as you!!! Happy weekend!!! Im cheering you on!

Post a Comment